(Zakynthos Association of Foreign Languages Centres)
“Life lessons from dogs that used to be strays”
Saturday, April 1, 2017 @ 12:00
An interactive presentation to be given by SAPT Hellas volunteers comprising of useful advice and best practice rules for children, parents, and teachers. The aim is to inform all stakeholders about the right way to behave in the presence of dogs, one that also keeps everybody safe. Ample time will be allocated to questions and answers on such practices as well as issues that concern the public in relation to stray dogs. Plus, a small last interaction between Mickey and a child from the audience willing to meet and greet him properly.
SAPT Hellas volunteers:
- Christina Economou, Co-founder and volunteer Dog Trainer,
- Serafina Avramidou, Events Coordinator and the guardian of Mickey
- Mickey, a mixed bred “kokoni” who used to be a stray in Heraklion, Crete, now adopted by Seradina and and a trained member of the team
The event has been organised on the occasion of the World Stray Animals Day (April 4)
Sunday, April 2, 2017
@ 11:00 at the entrance of cine FOSCOLOS
- In the presence (11:00-12:00) of two experienced members of SAPT Hellas (volunteer dog trainer and handler) as well a veterinarian who will all provide useful advice to all participants. και κτηνίατρος οι οποίοι θα παρέχουν στους ενδιαφερόμενους χρήσιμες πληροφορίες για τους τετράποδους φίλους μας. The Dog Walk is scheduled to start at 12:00.
- Route: Agios Markos square – Demokratias avenue – Beach toward Krioneri – edge of Krioneri – return to Agios Markos square.
- Participants can be adults with or without chidren of all ages, with or without dogs.
- Participating dogs should be docile, friendly and of course, on leash.
- Please don’t forget to equip yourselves with poo bags for your pet’s faeces
Please visit our gallery with comments from the 2-day events here